A. THE BIBLE BEGINS & ENDS WITH GOD.
B. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE "BEGINNING" HELPS AN
UNDERSTANDING OF GOD'S PLAN FOR SAVING US.
A. THIS "BEGINNING" IS THE BEGINNING OF THIS PRESENT CREATION.
B. 3 PERSONS IN THE GODHEAD( vs. 1-2; John 1:1-3, 14 ).
A. MAN WAS CREATED TO RULE & HAVE DOMINION( Gen. 1:26-28 ).
1. He was given work to do( 2:15 ).
2. His primary duty( Ecc. 12:13-14 ).
B. MAN IS A TRIUNE BEING( 1 Thes. 5:23 ).
1. We are God's offspring( Acts 17:28-29; John 4:24 ).
2. Man is a moral being - CHOICE( Rev. 22:17; Josh. 24:15 ).
A. THERE WAS ONE RESTRICTION PLACED ON MAN( Gen. 2:16-17 ).
1. Positive law, not a moral law.
2. Not for the purpose of tempting( James 1:13-15 ).
B. THE TEMPTATION CAME FROM SATAN( ch. 3 ).
1. Notice the 3-fold appeal( Gen. 3:6 ).
2. We are tempted in the same way( 1 John 2:15-17 ).
C. SIN IS ACTING CONTRARY TO GOD'S WILL.
1. Sins of "commission"( 1 John 3:4 ).
2. Sins of "ommission"( James 4:17 ).
D. WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT( Rom. 3:23 ).
A. SHAME: fig leaf aprons that couldn't cover( Jer. 10:23 ).
B. FEAR: They hid themselves( Heb. 10:31; Mat. 10:28 ).
C. WARPED THINKING( 1 Tim. 4:1-2; Phil. 3:18-19 ).
D. COWARDICE( Gen. 3:11-13 ).
E. PHYSICAL CURSES - serpent( vs. 14-15 ), woman( 16), man( 17f. )
F. DRIVEN FROM GOD'S PRESENCE( Isa. 55;1-2; Eph. 2:1, 12 ).
G. PHYSICAL DEATH FOR ALL ADAM'S OFFSPRING(1 Cor.15:22; Rom.5:12).
1. We are all Adam's physical offspring, we inherit that
which is his physically - physical death.
2. Spiritually from birth we are God's offspring. Therefore
we are born spiritually innocent and alive. Man becomes
a spiritual decendent of Adam only when he does that
which Adam did - SIN( Rom. 3:23; 6:23; Rom. 5:12 ).
A. IN PROMISE( Gen. 3:15 - 1 Cor. 15:55-57 ).
B. IN TYPE: GOD COVERED THEIR "NAKEDNESS" THRU THE SHEDDING
OF BLOOD( Gen. 3:21 ).
1. Sin may be taken away, but...( Heb. 9:22, 13-15; 1 Pet. 1:18-20 ).
2. How can we fellowship Jesus in death( Rom.6:3-4; Acts2:38 ).
A. ALL OF US ARE SINNERS.
B. WE ARE ALL IN DANGER.
C. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ABOUT YOUR SIN?