A. GOD PREPARES TO DESTROY THE WORLD( Gen. 6:5-7 ).
B. BUT GOD FINDS ONE MAN THAT IS WORTH SAVING( Gen. 6:8 ).
C. WHY DID NOAH FIND FAVOR? WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM NOAH?
A. HE WAS A JUST( KJV ) MAN( Gen. 6:9 ). Righteous( ASV ).
B. HE WAS "PERFECT IN HIS GENERATIONS"( Gen. 6:9 ). Blameless(NASV).
1. Not that he was sinless, but that there were no blatant faults
2. He was a man of moral integrity among the people
C. HE "WALKED WITH GOD"( Gen. 6:9 ).
1. In walking with God, he imitated the example of Enoch( Gen. 5:24 ).
2. Walking with God in Noah's case likely involved...
a. Calling upon the name of the Lord( Gen. 4:26 ). Faith & Trust.
b. Offering sacrifices to God( Gen. 4:3-4 ). Obedience.
D. HE "DID ACCORDING TO ALL THAT THE LORD COMMANDED HIM."
1. Twice this is emphasized in the Scriptures( Gen. 6:22; 7:5 ).
2. This obedience of Noah came from faith( Heb. 11:7 ).
E. HE WAS "A PREACHER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"( 2 Pet. 2:5 ).
A. NOT BECAUSE WE FACE THE THREAT OF A WORLDWIDE FLOOD.
1. God's promise not to destroy the world by flood( Gen. 9:8-11 ).
2. The rainbow is a constant reminder of God's promise( Gen 9:12-17 ).
B. BUT BECAUSE WE FACE THE PROMISE OF THE END OF THE WORLD!
1. The world shall be destroyed by fire when Jesus returns!( 2 Pet. 3:3-13 ).
2. In view of this we must be without spot and blameless( 2 Pet. 3:14 ).
3. Is this not simply another way of saying that we need to be like Noah.
4. Otherwise, we will be like those left outside of the ark when the floods came!
A. WE MUST BE "JUST" IN HIS SIGHT.
1. God expects righteousness behavior( Rom. 2:13; 1 Pet 3:12; Rev 22:11;
Acts 10:35; 1 John 2:29; 3:7-10 ).
2. Romans 3:23. But we all sin!
3. Justified through forgiveness( Rom. 5:8-9; 1 John 2:1-2; 1:6-7 ).
4. Justified, we have peace with God( Rom. 5:1 ).
B. WE MUST BE "PERFECT" IN OUR GENERATION.
1. That is, to be complete, mature, to be everything God desires of us
2. God has provided the necessary elements for us to be "perfect"!
a. The blood of Christ, to cleanse us of our sins( 1 John 1:7-9 ).
b. The Word of God, to guide us to completion( 2 Tim. 3:16-17 ).
C. WE MUST "WALK WITH GOD".
1. We can "no longer walk as the Gentiles walk..."( Eph. 4:17-20 ).
2. It requires we be "followers of God as dear children"( Eph. 5:1 KJV)
a. "Walk in love"( Eph. 5:2 ).
b. "As children of light", exposing the sins of darkness( Eph. 5:8-11 ).
c. "As wise", understanding of what the Lord's will is( Eph. 5:15-17 ).
D. WE MUST "DO ALL THAT THE LORD HAS COMMANDED".
1. Observing not just "some" things, but "all" things( Matt. 28:20 ).
2. We demonstrate our faith to be "a living faith"( James 2:17, 24, 26 ).
E. WE MUST BE "PREACHERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS"
1. Christians are lights in a dark world( Phil. 2:14-16 ).
2. We have in us the light of the gospel( 2 Cor. 4:3-6 ).
3. Our influence( Matt. 5:14-16 ).
A. GOD WANT NONE TO PERISH( 2 Pet. 3:9 ).
B. REPENTANCE IS DESIRED OF US( Acts 17:30-31 ).
C. IF WE WILL TURN TO GOD WE WILL FIND FAVOR!