A. CHILDREN OF GOD CALLED SAINTS - SANCTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD.
1. Yet many saints fall into sin( 1 John 1:10 ). Written to us.
2. Saints at Corinth fill with sin( 1 Cor. 1:2 ).
B. MANY THINGS TO LEARN FROM THE OT THAT HELP US KEEP PURE.
1. Many great men sinned because they were in the wrong place.
2. Much temptation can be avoided by avoiding the wrong place.
3. Many times the wrong attitude accompanies us to the wrong place.
A. KNEW EGYPT A PLACE OF DANGER BECAUSE OF SARAH'S BEAUTY.
B. BECAUSE OF SUPPOSED DANGER, ABRAM LIED TO PHARAOH.
C. HE WAS IN A PLACE WHERE HIS FAITH WAS WEAKENED.
1. Disbelief causes one to part from God( Heb. 3:12 ).
2. Our hearts are guarded by faith( 1 Pet. 1:5 ).
3. What irony when we ask God not to lead us into temptation & we do nothing
to avoid it ourselves.
4. We must avoid places where faith in God is berated or where people's lives are
not harmonious with our faith.
A. "WHAT DOEST THOU HERE?"( vs. 1-3 ). FEAR!
B. BACKGROUND FURNISHES THE ANSWER...ELIJAH'S REPLY( vs.14 ).
C. WHAT WAS HE DOING?
1. Hiding( Rom. 8:31; Heb. 13:5-6 ).
2. Nothing( Eph. 2:10; James 1:22; 1 Cor. 15:58 ).
A. JONAH SHRANK BACK FROM RESPONSIBILITIES. DISTASTEFUL.
1. We of course, have responsibilities( Rom. 12:4-8 ).
2. We dare not shirk or neglect( Heb. 6:9-12; 2:3 ).
B. JONAH SOUGHT TO HIDE FROM GOD IN A SHIP TO TARSHISH.
1. We can hide neither sin nor neglect( Heb. 4:12-13 ).
2. All will be brought to light( Ecc. 12:13-14 ).
A. NOTICE THE EFFECT IT HAD ON HIS FAMILY( 19:14-17, 26 ).
1. Lot didn't think of the influence sin would have on his family( 1 Tim. 5:8 ).
2. Or himself( 1 Cor. 15:33 ).
B. LOT WAS SILENT ABOUT RIGHTEOUSNESS IN EVIL SODOM( Eph. 5:11 ).
A. TOTAL DESERTION?
B. ARE YOU WHERE DEMAS WAS?
A. THE CHURCH IS GOD'S "ARK" TODAY( Eph. 5:23 ).
B. ARE A MEMBER OF THE LORD'S BODY?( 1 Cor. 12:13 ).