A. WELL-KNOWN PROPHECY - CHECK BACKGROUND & CONTEXT.
B. ALL HAVE SINNED( Rom. 3:23 ). THE GOSPEL SAVES( Rom. 1:16 ).
C. WHAT GOD DID WITH DAVID AND HIS REACTION TEACHES US.
A. DAVID SEEKS DIVINE APPROVAL( vs. 1-3 ).
B. DAVID IS TURNED DOWN( vs. 4-7 ).
C. LOOK WHAT I HAVE DONE FOR THEE:
1. I took you from: I took you to:
the sheepcote the palace
being a shepherd being a prince( wording )
2. I have been with you
cut off your enemies.
Made thy name great
3. I will appoint you and your people a place.
make thee a house
establish your kingdom forever, fulfilled in Solomon, Jesus( vs. 12-17 ).
D. WHY NOT DAVID?( 1 Chron. 22:6-10 ). His prep.( 1 Chron. 28, 29 ).
E. GOD KEEPS HIS PROMISE( Psa. 89:3-4 ).
F. DAVID'S RESPONSE( 2 Sam. 7:18ff. ).
A, 1 Pet. 2:9-10.
1. I took you from sinners I took you to elect race, holy nation
no people people of God.
2. I have been with you( Matt. 28:20 ).
Cut off your enemies( 1 Cor. 15:55-57; 1 Pet. 3:13 ).
Made your name great( 1 Pet. 4:15-16 ).
3. Appoint for you a place( John 14:1-3 ).
Build you a house.
Kingdom established forever( Heb. 12:28 ).
B. GOD'S PROMISE GIVES US COURAGE TO SEEK FORGIVENESS
( 1 John 1:6-7, 9; 2:1-2 ).
C. WE NEED TO SEE OUR GUILT, SHAME, UNWORTHINESS.
1. Need to accept responsibility, to feel guilt and shame.
2. Shame is the feeling that arises from acknowledging guilt.
a. Importance? Moves us toward Righteousness.
b. Shame is not to be gloried in( Phil. 3:19 ).
A. DO WE UNDERSTAND OUR UNWORTHINESS?
B. CAN WE SEE THE GREAT BLESSINGS WE HAVE FROM GOD?
C. HOW DO WE RESPOND?
D. CAN WE DESPISE THE BLOOD?( Heb. 10:29 ).