A. WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS OBSCURE STORY TO THESE PROPHETS?
1. Their number was too great for their dwelling( vs. 1-2 ).
2. They worked together, knowing the value of teamwork( vs. 2 ).
3. Their respect for their teacher. They wanted him to come( vs. 3 ).
4. One's concern over an object that was his responsibility( vs. 5 ).
5. God shows himself in a miracle( vs. 6 ).
6. A man's faith put to the test by taking up the ax head( vs. 7 ).
B. Romans 15:4. THERE IS APPLICATION WE CAN MAKE.
A. A VITAL ASPECT OF BIBLICAL UNITY.
1. Many members, one body, working together( Rom. 12:4-8 ).
2. Working for a common cause( Phil. 1:27; Eph. 4:15-16 ).
3. Everyone was important( Rom. 12:3: 1 Cor. 12:14-16, 20-22 ).
4. If we want this church to grow, All must do their part.
B. OTHER ASPECTS OF UNITY ARE IMPORTANT.
1. All must be done in love( John 13:34-35; Eph. 4:1-3 ).
2. There must be agreement( Eph. 4:4-6; Amos 3:3 ).
A. ONE MAN THOUGHT TO ASK ELISHA. WHAT OF THE OTHERS?
B. ONE MAN'S THOUGHTFULNESS MADE A DIFFERENCE.
1. 1 Samuel 17 ( esp. 42-51 ).
2. Ez. 22:23-31. One man would have the difference in God's eyes.
C. ONE PERSON CAN MAKE OR BREAK OUR WORK FOR THE LORD.
1. One person spreading gossip and lies, or
2. One person helping hold up the hands of fellow Christians.
E. WILL YOU BE A STUMBLING BLOCK OR A STEPPING STONE?
A. ELISHA WAS RECOGNIZED AS THE MASTER( vs. 3, 5 ). DEPENDENCE.
B. JESUS IS OUR MASTER OR "TEACHER"( 1 Pet. 3:15; Matt. 23:8, 10 ).
C. JESUS MUST BE OVER ALL WE DO( Col. 3:17; 1 Pet. 4:11 ).
D DO WE WANT HIM TO KNOW WHAT WE DO?( Isa. 29:15-16 )
E. WE WANT JESUS WITH US IN ALL OUR ENDEAVORS( Matt. 18:20 )..
A. 2 Kings 6:5. PANIC OVER ANOTHER MAN'S LOSS.
B. SHOULDN'T WE HAVE AN URGENCY FOR OTHERS' SPIRITUAL
1. Urgency seen in the purpose of our work( James 5:19 ).
2. Urgency in the behavior of the apostles( Acts 14:3; 20:20, 26-27, 31 ).
3. Jesus( John 9:4; Matt. 9:36-38 ).
C. HOW DO WE SHOW CONCERN FOR THE LOST?
1. A brother in sin( Gal. 6:1-2; Ez. 33:7-9 ).
2. A brother in the sin of error( Matt. 15:13-14; Acts 18:24-26 ).
3. One outside of Christ( Acts 5:42; Mark 16:15-16 ).
a. Invite to services, Gospel meeting..
b. Bible Study, Correspondence course, tracts, personal discussions.
c. Good example( Matt. 5:13-16 ).
d. Hospitality and helpfulness.
e. Prayed for wisdom and success.
D. THERE IS A LOT YOU CAN DO, IF YOU WILL DO IT.
A. 2 Kings 6:6. THE AX HEAD WAS RESCUED BY GOD'S POWER.
B. GOD'S POWER IS MANIFEST TODAY
1. In the gospel of Jesus( Rom. 1:16-17 ).
2. And in his servants who spread that gospel( Phil. 2:12-13 ).