A. SOME OF GODS MOST PROFOUND MESSAGES FOUND IN PSALMS.
B. BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGE OF PRAYER.
C. THE RIGHTEOUS & HIS LOT CONTRASTEDWITH THE WICKED.
1. Walks not in the counsel of the wicked. Manner of life.
a. Not conformed to this world( Rom. 12:2 ).
b. We are a changed people( 2 Cor. 5:17 ).
c. Gods people reflect Him( 1 Pet. 2:9-10 ).
d. he heeds not the worlds counsel( Col. 2:8; Isa. 55:8-9 ).
2. Stands not in the way of sinners Refers to association and consents.
a. What happened to Peter?( Luke 22:54-55 ).
b. Lot? ( Gen. 13 ).
c. We are to be separate( 2 Cor. 6:14 7:1; 1 Cor. 15:33 ).
d. Does association mean consent or endorsement? ( Eph. 5:11 ).
3. Sits not in the seat of the scoffer Actually becomes a sinner.
a. We are warned of falling away( Luke 9:62; 2 Pet. 2:20-21; Heb. 10:26 ).
b. This individual scoffs at and ridicules the believer. Why?
4. A progression of Apostasy. Leads to unhappiness.
1. His delight is in the law of Jehovah.
a. Psa. 119:97-104.
b. It saves( Rom. 1:16; 2 Tim. 3:14-15 ).
c. It makes us complete( 2 Tim. 3:16-17 ).
2. Upon it doth he meditate, day and night.
a. Ruminate chew cud.
b. And why not? It is the revealed mind of God!
A. HE IS HAPPY.
1. He has purpose( Ecc. 12:13 ).
2. He has promise( 1 John 5:11-12 ).
B. HE IS SUSTAINED BY GOD.
1. He is like a tree planted by the waters.
a. He is not moved( Psa. 55:22 ).
b. That brings forth its fruit in its season.
c. Whose leaf doth not wither No fear!( Rom. 8:31 ).
d. Whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
His work and his destiny!
C. THE WICKED ARE NOT SO.
1. Because of unworthy goals, his is a life of frustration
( Matt. 6:19-21; 1 John 2:15-17 ).
2. He must eventually face his guilt( 2 Cor. 5:10 ).
He will not stand, but falls in judgment.
3. None will escape by hiding among the Righteous ( Tim. 2:19 ).
A. GOD KNOWS THE WAY OF THE RIGHTEOUS AND BLESSES.
B. HE KNOWS THE WAY OF THE WICKED AND THEY PERISH.
C. HE KNOWS YOUR WAY.