A. SOME PEOPLE ENGAGE IN "BOOK WORSHIP."
1. Some worthwhile - Freedom important.
2. Some not good even for kindling( Acts 19:19 ).
B. MANY BOOKS - SOME GOOD, SOME BAD.
C. THIS LESSON FOCUSES ON ONE BOOK THAT IS GREATER
THAN ALL THE WORKS OF MAN - THE BOOK OF LIFE.
A. IT IS NOT THE BIBLE, OR EVEN NEW TESTAMENT.
1. The NT is referred to as the law of the Spirit of life ( Rom. 8:2 ).
2. It is called the "words of this life"( Acts 5:20 ).
3. The words of Jesus, recorded in the NT, shall judge whether or not we shall have
eternal life ( John 12:48; 6:68 ).
4. The NT is found alongside the Book of Life at judgment ( Rev. 20:12, 15 ).
B. A REGISTER OF NAMES - SUCH ARE COMMON
AMONG THE JEWS.
1. Gen. 5:1f. "The book of the generations of Adam."
2. Neh. 7:5. "The book of genealogies."
3. Ez. 13:9. "The writing( register ) of the house of Israel.
4. Jesus refers to a list of names recorded in heaven ( Luke 10:20 ).
A. THE 70 SENT BY JESUS( Luke 10:20 ).
B. WORKERS IN THE GOSPEL( Phil. 4:3 ).
C. THE PEOPLE OF THE LORD( Dan. 12:1 ).
D. THEY WHO FEAR GOD & THINK ON HIS NAME( Mal. 3:16-17 ).
E. THE CHURCH OF THE FIRST-BORN( Heb. 12:23 ).
A. BY BELONGING TO THE CHURCH
( Heb.12:23; 1 Cor.12:13; Eph.5:23 ).
B. BY OBEYING THE GOSPEL:
1. Rev. 20:15. God punishes those who are not written there.
2. 2 Thes. 1:7-9. And those who obey not the gospel.
A. Rev. 3:5. WHAT IF WE DON'T OVERCOME?
B. Rev. 22:18-19. WHEN WE DISREGARD GOD'S WORD.
C. Ex. 32:33. SIN WILL BLOT OUT OUR NAMES.
D. Psa. 69:26-28. THOSE WHO REJECT THE MESSIAH.
A. Rev. 20:15. LAKERS.
B. 3:5; 21:27. ENTRANCE INTO THE ETERNAL CITY.
A. HAVE YOU OBEYED THE GOSPEL?
B. HAVE YOU BEEN FAITHFUL?
C. ARE YOU DILIGENTLY AT WORK?