A. DURING THE REIGN OF JEHORAM AND THE SYRIAN INVASION 845 B.C.
B. DESCENDANTS OF ESAU - JEALOUSY TOWARDS JACOB( Gen. 24 - 36 ).
C. LATER TRIBAL JEALOUSY( Numbers 20:14-21 ).
D. SUBJUGATION BY DAVID AND REVOLT DURING JEHORAM'S REIGN
( 2 Chron. 21:8-10 ).
E. ARE THERE LESSONS? OF COURSE, BUT WILL WE LEARN THEM?
A. JUDGMENT IS FROM GOD( vs. 1-2 ).
1. For pride and haughtiness( vs. 3-4 ).
2. Thorough and complete( vs. 5-9 ).
3. Certainty, no escape( 15-16 ).
B. WHAT DID THEY DO?( vs. 10-14 ).MISTREATMENT OF JACOB.
1. They stood on the other side( vs. 11 ).
a. They didn't come to the aid of their brother.
b. Their failure numbered them with the enemy.
2. Three "do nots" which they did.
a. ( vs. 12 )"Look not, ...rejoice not."
b. ( vs. 13 )"Enter not, ...neither lay ye hands on their substance."
c. ( vs. 14 )"Stand not, ...deliver not."
1. When you have it in your power to do good or right a wrong and you don't...
a. Matt. 5:6. Christians love righteousness.
b. James 4:17.
2. Rejoice not with evil( 1 Cor. 13:5-6 ).
3. Don't seek to profit from evil done to others. Compassion( 1 Pet. 3:8-9 )
4. Don't deliver your neighbor to evil( 1 Pet. 3:10-10-12 ).
5. Compassion upon the weak!
B. SPECIFIC: ATTACK ON OUR INNOCENT CHILDREN!
1. Abortion( bulletin article Vol. IV No. 32 ).
2. Family values and education( CWA letter ).
C. WHAT CAN I DO? SHALL I STAND BY AND DO NOTHING?
1. Civil disobedience is out!( 1 Pet. 2:13-17 ).
2. Speak out. Write and vote. Pray.
A. DELIVERANCE FOR JACOB.
B. GOD'S ISRAEL.