A. NEW TESTAMENT PEOPLE WHO MADE CHOICES - EXTREME.
B. ONE CHOSE POORLY - ONE CHOSE WISELY.
C. HOW WILL WE CHOOSE? WHO DO WE IDENTIFY WITH?
A. PETER - WAS ASHAMED AND DENIED( Luke 22:54-62 ).
1. Many deny the Lord by living like they don't know him( 2 Tim. 3:1-5 ).
2. If we deny the Lord...( Mat. 10:32-33 ).
B. JUDAS - BETRAYED HIM( Mat. 26:14-16, 47-50 ).
1. Judas' priorities were misplaced( Mat. 6:19-21 ).
2. Mat. 16:26. Every man has a price. How small the price!
3. Paul tells us( 1 Tim. 6:9-10; 17-19 ).
C. PILATE - DELIVERED HIM UP( Mat. 27:26 ).
1. Pilate knew( John 18:38 ).
2. He disassociated himself - It had nothing to do with him( Mat. 27:24 ).
3. Does it have anything to do with me?
a. All sin( Rom 3:23; Rom. 6:23 ).
b. Jesus paid the price( 1 Pet. 2:24 ).
c. Acts 17:30-31.
D. THE JEWS - THEY CRUCIFIED HIM( Acts 2:22-23 ).
1. Christian Jews( Heb. 6:4-6 ).
2. The passage could apply to us when we sin( Heb. 10:26-31 ).
A. WILL INVESTIGATE - THE BEREANS( Acts 17:11 ).
1. Open minded - willing to listen.
2. They were narrow minded - not gullible( 1 John 4:1 ).
3. Recognized the folly of following man( Col. 2:8 ).
4. Did not take their investigation lightly( 2 Tim. 2:15 ).
B. WILL FOLLOW - PETER, ANDREW, JAMES, JOHN( Mat. 4:18-22 ).
1. They forsook immediately and followed.
2. Born out of a correct sense of urgency( Mat. 16:26 ).
3. Born out of a desire for the reward( John 4:28-30 ).
4. The let nothing interfere( Luke 9:62 ).
C. WILL TELL OTHERS - WOMAN AT THE WELL( John 4:28-30 ).
1. The truth is precious but abundant.
2. A lesson for the disciples( John 4:29-35 ).
D. WILL GO TO WORK - PAUL( Acts 22:10;1 Cor. 15:58 ).