A. FIRST USE OF THE TERM "CHURCH" IN THE N. T.
B. WAS THE CHURCH AN AFTERTHOUGHT, AN EMERGENCY PLOY?
C. THE CHURCH IS THE KINGDOM AND IN GOD'S ETERNAL PURPOSE.
A. MAN, A FREE MORAL AGENT. A PLAN FOR HIS SIN.
B. GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION CENTERS AROUND JESUS
( Eph. 1:9-10; 1 Pet. 1:18-20 ).
C. THE CHURCH WAS IN THIS PLAN FROM THE BEGINNING( Eph. 3:10-11 ).
A. Gen. 12:1-3; 22:15-18.
B. THIS PROMISE HAS REFERENCE TO GOD'S PEOPLE IN CHRIST
( Gal. 3:7-9, 14, 16, 29 ).
C. TO BE IN CHRIST IS TO BE IN THE CHURCH( Eph. 1:22-23 ).
A. ( Isa. 2:2-4 ).
1. What? A new kingdom.
2. When? In the last days.
3. Where? Beginning in Jerusalem.( Isa. 28:16; 1 Pet 2:5-6 ).
4. How do we know he's talking of the church?( Acts 2:16-17; Heb. 1:1-2 ).
5. Referred to by Jesus in the Great Commission( Luke 24:46-47 ).
B. ( Dan. 2:31-44 ).
1. Let the passage interpret itself, set against the historical record.
a. 4 world empires: Babylon, Persia, Macedonian, Roman.
b. The announcements of John & Jesus during Rome.
2. What have we received?( Heb. 12:28 ).
C. ( Dan. 7:13-14 ).
1. Christ given a kingdom when he receives dominion and glory.
( Acts 2:32-36; Eph. 1:20-36 ).
2. Where did he go on the clouds to receive these things?( Acts 1:6-9 ).
A. JOHN THE BAPTIST( Matt. 3:1-3; Luke 16:16 )
B. JESUS( Mark 1:14-15 ).
1. Jesus talked about the kingdom & the church( Matt. 16:18; Mark 9:1 ).
2. During their lives, with power.
3. The question and his answer( Acts 1:6-8 ).
4. Fulfillment: Acts 2 when the church was established.
A. ESTABLISHED( Acts 1:6-8; Acts 2:1-4, 32 ).
B. EXISTED( Acts 5:11; Col. 1:13 ).
C. WHERE? JERUSALEM.
D. WHEN? LAST DAYS, DURING THE FOURTH WORLD EMPIRE.
A. IT SHOULD BE THE DESIRE OF EVERYONE TO BE PART OF THE
B. THE JEWS WERE TOLD HOW TO ENTER ON PENTECOST( Acts 2:38, 41 ).
C. WOULD ENTRANCE BE ANY DIFFERENT FOR US TODAY?