A. THREE EXHORTATIONS TO PREPARE: Virgins, Talents, Judgment.
B. THE BIBLE SAYS ALOT ABOUT JUDGMENT( Acts 17:30-31 ).
C. vs. 41. SADDEST WORDS IN THE BIBLE. WHY?
A. SOME THINGS THAT WERE NOT THE REASON.
1. Not their refusal to obey the gospel.. It will cause one to be lost( 2 Thes.1:8 ).
2. Not something they did against God's will; however, ( Gal. 5:21 )
3. Not that they didn't profess Christianity. ( see Luke 6:46 ).
B. THE REASON WAS A FAILURE TO DO.
1. They refused to help those in need.
2. The principle can apply to anything God commands( James 4:17 ).
3. The nature of things they refused to do:
a. They were possible. God doesn't require impossible( 2 Cor. 8:12 ).
b. They were small, a morsel of bread or cup of water( vs. 35-36; 10:42 ).
C. THE LORD'S ESTIMATE OF UNPREPARED( Mat. 25:8, 26, 41 ).
2. ( Phil. 2:4; Gal. 6:2 ).
B. OFTEN WE RATIONALIZE, "WE CAN'T DO EVERYTHING."
1. God doesn't expect more than we are able( 2 Cor. 8:12 ).
2. Are we really doing our share, or looking for excuses?
C. FEAR MAKES SOME HESITATE.
1. Some fears are legitimate.
2. Sometimes we need to walk a mile in the other man's shoes( Mat. 7:12 ).
D. COULD IT BE SELFISHNESS?( Luke 12:15; 2 Tim. 3:2; Phil. 2:4; Eph.5:21 ).
A. THE TEACHING OF CHRIST. HE TAUGHT
1. To say and do not is hypocrisy( Mat. 23:3 ).
2. The wise man hears and does( Matt. 7:24-27 ).
B. THE EXAMPLE OF CHRIST( 1 Cor. 11:1; Acts 10:38 ).
1. Sympathy( Heb. 4:15 ).
2. Did he stop to consider their worthiness?
C. SHARING WITH OTHERS IS SHARING WITH JESUS(Matt.25:40; Heb.13:2).