A. JESUS GAVE 2 COMMISSIONS - THE "LIMITED" & THE "GREAT."
B. EACH HAD ITS OWN GOSPEL - THEME OF GOOD NEWS.
1. To the Jews it was "good news" that the kingdom was at hand.
2. To Jew & Gentile it was "good news" that Jesus died, was raised, and now rules over
C. LET'S CONSIDER BOTH COMMISSIONS & THE GOSPEL OF EACH.
A. JOHN THE BAPTIST CAME PREACHING THE KINGDOM WAS AT HAND
( Mat. 3:1-3 = John 1:6-8 ).
B. JESUS ALSO PREACHED THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM
( Mark 1:14-15; Mat. 4:17, 23 ).
C. LATER, JESUS SELECTED 12 MEN WHOM HE SENT W/THE SAME MESSAGE
( Mat. 10:5-7 ). TO THE JEWS ONLY -
THE "LIMITED COMMISSION."
D. THE 70 OTHERS( Luke 10:9 ).
E. SUMMERY: BEFORE HIS DEATH, JEWS ONLY, APPROACHING KINGDOM,
CALLING TO REPENTANCE.
A. THE PROMISE TO ABRAHAM - ALL NATIONS -
THE "GREAT COMMISSION."
B. Mat. 28:18-20.
1. All authority belongs to Jesus( Acts 2:36 ).
2. Teach all nations( John 6:44-45; Rom. 10:17 ).
3. Baptizing - how do you make a disciple?( Acts 2:38 ).
4. Teaching them( Acts 2:42 ).
C. Mark 16:15-16.
1. Preach the gospel - good news( 1 Cor. 15:1-4 )Not the Kingdom.
2. To the whole creation fulfilling Gen. 12:3.
3. He that believeth & is baptized.
a. Believe what is taught( Heb. 11:6; Rom. 10:17 ).
b. Baptism, obedience, the perfection of faith( Jas. 2:24 )
4. Shall be saved? Sins & consequences removed( Acts 2:38 ).
D. Luke 24:44-49.
1. Christ fulfilled the law & the prophets( vs. 44 ).
2. His suffering & death for sins is the gospel.
3. Repentance & remission of sin preached in his name.
4. Apostles were witnesses( vs. 48, Acts 1:8; 3:32 ).
5. Abide in Jerusalem until the Spirit fell upon them
( vs. 47-49; Acts 1:4-8 ).
E. SUMMERY: PREACH OR TEACH, GOSPEL, ALL NATIONS, JERUSALEM,
POWER HOLY SPIRIT, BELIEVE & BAPTIZE, NAME OF JESUS,
REMISSION OF SIN SALVATION.
A. OBEDIENCE TO THE MESSAGE.
1. Belief, 2. Repentance, 3. Baptism.
C. CARRY ON THE MESSAGE.