A. THROUGH JESUS WE ARE JUSTIFIED FROM SIN( Rom. 5:9 ).
B. THE END OF JUSTIFICATION IS RECONCILIATION TO GOD( 2 Pet. 1:4 ).
C. RECONCILIATION FOR ONE SO GREAT CANNOT BE EASY!
A. CONSIDER THE NATURE OF GOD AS REVEALED IN THE BIBLE.
1. One with unlimited POWER, unlimited WISDOM, unlimited HOLINESS.
2. CREATED of all things, SUSTAINS of all things, KNOWS of all things.
3. One who is ETERNAL, IMMORTAL, and INVISIBLE
4. Fills the entire universe with His PRESENCE( Jer. 23:23-24 ).
B. MAN IS THE CREATED AND DEPENDENT BEING( Acts 17:24-28 ).
C. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MAN AND GOD OVERWHELMS
( Psa. 139:1-12 ).
D. NOTICE MAN'S REACTION TO THE PRESENCE OF GOD
1. Moses( Ex. 3:6 )
2. Israel at Sinai( Ex. 20:18-21 ).
3. How can man hope to comprehend God and approach Him in a close
relationship during this life? Speaking of God, Job said( Job 9:32-33 ).
E. JOB HAD NO MEDIATOR, BUT WE DO( 2 Tim. 2:5; 14:6 ).
A. JESUS HELPS US TO COMPREHEND GOD.
1. Jesus declared or manifested God to us( John 1:18 ).
2. How was Jesus able to "declare" (manifest) God?
a. He came from God, and has truly seen Him( John 6:46 ).
b. He possessed the qualities of God( John 1:1-3 ).
c. He became flesh and dwelt among us( John 1:14 ).
d. He does God's will( John 6:38; 4:34; 14:8-10 ).
e. In seeing Jesus we are able to comprehend the Father( John 14:7 ).
3. The testimony of the apostles( Col. 2:9; Heb. 1:1-3 )
4. As we see Jesus, we see God and His attributes!
B. JESUS MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO APPROACH GOD.
1. In Jesus God reconciles us to himself( 2 Cor. 5:18-21 ).
2. As our high priest he mediates between us and God( 2 Tim. 2:5 ).
a. Offers the supreme sacrifice( Heb. 10:10 ).
b. Accomplishing what?( Heb. 10:19-21 ).
c. A sympathetic high priest( Heb. 4:14-16 ).
C. JESUS MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO BOTH COMPREHEND GOD AND
APPROACH HIM SO THAT OUR FELLOWSHIP MAY BE FULL.
A. TERMS THAT EMPHASIZE OUR PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP.
1. We are children of God( Gal. 3:26 ).
2. In the household of God( 1 Tim. 3:15; Heb. 3:5-6 ).
B. THAT EMPHASIZE OUR UNITY AND WORK.
1. We are the temple of God( 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:19-22 ).
2. A kingdom of priests( 1 Pet. 2:5, 9 ).
A. THE RELATIONSHIP WE CAN HAVE WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS IS ONE
OF RICH BLESSING. WE ARE GOD'S CHILDREN!
B. AS SUCH WE HAVE THIS BLESSED ASSURANCE( Heb. 13:5 ).
C. WE MUST UNDERSTAND THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY( John 14:6 ).
1. Only in Jesus can have this wonderful relationship with God!
2. How can we be sure that we are in Jesus?( Gal. 3:26-27 ).
3. We remain the children of God by abiding faithfully in the teachings of Christ
( John 8:31-32 ).