A. YOUR VOICE REVEALS A LOT ABOUT YOU.
1. It can reveal one's age, gender, education, confidence, feelings, emotions.
2. Your voice often reveals what kind of Christian you are.
B. THE VOICE OF MAN HAS LIMITATIONS.
1. It is limited to this earth, Its sounds soon vanish, It can’t reach beyond the grave.
2. It is never the infallible authority in religion.
C. ONE VOICE RINGS SWEETER AND CLEAR THAN ALL OTHERS.
The Voice of God’s Son!
A. THE TRANSFIGURATION (Matt. 17:1-5).
“Hear ye Him!”
B. MOSES PROMISED ONE LIKE HIM (Deut. 18:15, 18-19).
1. Jesus is the fulfillment of that prophecy (Acts 3:22-23).
2. We must hearken to his voice!
C. GOD GAVE JESUS ALL AUTHORITY (Matt. 28:18; Acts 2:36).
1. He is God’s spokesman today (Heb. 1:1-2; John 14:6; 12:49).
2. He has all authority (Matt. 28:18; Eph.1:20-23).
D. TO REJECT JESUS IS TO REJECT GOD (Luke 10:16).
E. “DO ALL IN THE NAME …” (Col. 3:17).
A. MEN OFTEN SAY THINGS THEY CAN’T BACK UP.
1. What they promise is beyond their power.
2. They often speak of things beyond their knowledge.
B. JESUS HAS DEMONSTRATED THE POWER OF HIS WORD.
1. He spoke the world into existence (Heb. 11:3; 1:3; Psalm 33:6-9).
2. Jesus performed many miracles (Matt. 8:16; Mark 4:37-41; John 11:43-44).
“What manner of man is this?”
3. These things were done to show that He has power and authority(Mark 2:9-12).
C. WE HAVE THIS PROMISE CONCERNING HIS WORD (John 5:28-29).
A. TRUTH IS DISCOVERED IN THE TEACHING OF JESUS (John 8:31-32; 14:6).
1. To follow Jesus is to walk in the light (John 8:12).
2. Hearing his word and doing it is salvation (Matt. 7:24-27).
B. HIS TEACHING IS EMBODIED IN THE APOSTLES’ TEACHING (Luke 10:16).
1. The 2nd part of the Great Commission (Matt. 28:20).
2. Their word is complete and effective (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
A. JUDGMENT IS A PROMISED DAY (Heb. 9:27)
B. GOD HAS GIVEN JUDGMENT UNTO HIS SON(2 Cor. 5:10).
1. Because he is the son of man (John 5:22, 26-27).
2. He is the standard by which all will be judged (Acts 17:30-31)
3. His word will be the standard of judgment for all (John 12:48).
C. IF WE DO HIS WILL, WE’LL HAVE BOLDNESS ON THAT DAY (1 John 2:28).
A. WE NEED TO BE LIKE BARTIMAES (Mark 10:46-52).
1. We, too, are like Bartimaes - blind, helpless, and in need of the great physician.
2. The ideal is that we see our need and come to Jesus as he did.
B. GOD TOLD NOAH, “Come thou and all thy house into the ark." (Gen. 7:1).
C. LIKEWISE, JESUS IS NOW ENTREATING, “ENTER THE FOLD OF SAFETY.”
1. Many today are like the people of Noah's day, and they will perish in the same
way those people did (Matt. 24:37-39).
2. We plead with everyone, please do not harden your hearts against the voice of
the Son of God. (Heb. 3:7-11; 2:2-3a; 12:25-26).
3. Gal. 6:1. Don’t receive the grace of God in vein (vs. 2-3).
A. Rev. 3:20. JESUS IS AT THE DOOR KNOCKING AND WAITING.
B. BUT WE MUST ANSWER THE DOOR. SALVATION IS NOT PASSIVE.
C. WON’T YOU HEAR HIS VOICE.