A. WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO PREACH JESUS AS THE CHRIST?
B. LEARNED BY EXAMINING SERMONS IN ACTS.
C. LET'S LOOK AT ACTS 2.
A. PURPOSE OF PETER'S PREACHING - SAVE SOULS( 1 Cor. 1:21 ).
B. HIS PREACHING MUST PRODUCE FAITH( Rom. 10:13-17 ).
C. IN ORDER TO PRODUCE FAITH, FACTS MUST BE PRESENTED THAT
CAN BE BELIEVED. WHAT FACTS DID PETER PRESENT?
1. Jesus approved of God( vs. 22 ). How?
a. "mighty works, wonders, and signs which God did by him"
b. John 20:30-31. "These are written..."
2. Jews crucified Jesus at the hand of lawless men( vs. 23 ).
a. God's will( Matt. 26:39; Eph. 1:10 ).
b. By his foreknowledge( Eph. 3:11; 1 Pet. 1:18-20 ).
3. God raised Jesus from the dead( vs. 24-32 ).
a. Appeal to prophecy( vs. 25-31 ).
b. Appeal to witnesses( vs. 32 ).
c. We have hope thru his resurrection( 1 Pet. 1:3 ).
4. Jesus ascended into heaven and exhalted by God( vs. 33-36 ).
a. Evidenced by the outpouring of the Spirit( vs. 33 ).
b. Another appeal to prophecy( vs. 34-35 ).
c. Significance( vs. 36 ). LORD AND CHRIST!
5. The accusation( vs. 36 - Rom. 3:23 ) and response( vs. 37 ).
1. God's goodness demands it( Rom. 2:4 ).
2. What is it?
a. A change of heart( Rom. 12:9 ).
b. A change of will( Rom 6:12-13 ).
c. A change of life( Col. 3:9 ).
d. Restitution where possible( Luke 19:8 ).
B. BE BAPTIZED.
1. Cleanses us from sin( Acts 22:16 ).
2. Brings us into Jesus and his death( Rom. 6:3 ).
3. Immersion in water( Acts 8:36 ).
A. REMISSION OF SINS.
B. THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. WHAT IS THIS?
1. For the promise is to you( vs. 39 ).
2. What promise?( Gen. 12:3 è Gal. 3:8, 14, 22, 28-29 ).
A. RESPONSE( vs. 41 ).
B. ALL OF US HAVE SINNED AND OUGHT TO BE CONCERNED.
C. ALL OF US OUGHT TO REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED.