A. THE STORY OF THE JAILOR -- HIS QUESTION( vs. 30 ).
B. WHAT MUST WE DO?
A. FROM ETERNITY GOD HAS PURPOSED SALVATION( Eph. 3:10-11 ).
B. THE PURPOSE CENTERS AROUND JESUS, HIS SON.
1. It was foretold( 1 Pet. 1:10-12 ).
2. It was confirmed and carried out( Acts 2:22-24; 1 Pet. 1:18-20 ).
3. In Christ we have salvation( Rom. 5:8 ).
C. HE HAS PROVIDED US WITH GUIDANCE( Titus 2:11-12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17 ).
D. WHAT MORE COULD GOD DO?
A. JESUS SACRIFICED HIS WILL( John 6:38 ).
B. HE SACRIFICED HIS POSITION( Phil. 2:5-8 ).
C. HIS LIFE AND HIS BODY( Matt. 20:28; 26:28; 1 Pet. 2:24 ).
D. HIS SACRIFICE IS OUR ONLY ACCESS( Heb. 10:19-20 ).
E. WHAT MORE DO WE DEMAND?
A. THE SPIRIT CAME TO CONVICT THE WORLD( John 16:7-11 ).
B. THE SPIRIT CONVICTS BY POINTING OUT THE TRUTH( John 16:13 ).
C. HIS WORK REVEALS THE MIND OF GOD( John 16:13-15; 1 Cor. 2:16 ).
D. THE WORLD STOOD CONVICTED OF SIN WHEN PETER PREACHED THE
GOSPEL ON PENTECOST( Acts 2:36-37 )
E. GOD'S REDEMPTION ( righteousness ) ALSO REVEALED( 1 Pet. 1:12 ).
F. THIS IS NOT WHAT MANY EXPECT -- ISN'T IT ENOUGH?
A. THE JAILOR( Acts 16:30-33 ).
1. Believe on the Lord Jesus.]
2. Paul told him what to do about Jesus. As a result:
a. he washed their stripes( repentance ),
b. he was baptized immediately.
B. THE JEWS ON PENTECOST, AT THE BEGINNING( Acts 2:38 ).
1. When they heard, they believed -- "Pricked in their hearts."
2. They were told to repent.
3. And be baptized unto the remission of sins.
C. SAUL OF TARSUS( Acts 22:10-16 ). "WHAT SHALL I DO?"
1. Question implies belief.
2. Prayer and fasting -- first fruits of repentance.
3. vs. 16.
D. WHAT MUST I DO?
A. THINK ABOUT WHAT HAS BEEN DONE FOR YOU
1. by God.
2. by Jesus.
3. by the Holy Spirit.
B. WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO?