A. STORY OF THE LITTLE GIRL IN CAMP:
1 "I get saved every year."
2. My answer: "How do you know?"
B. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE SAVED?
A. sozo (sode'-zo); to save, i.e. deliver or protect (literally or figuratively):
KJV-- heal, preserve, save (self), do well, be (make) whole.
B. DELIVER OR PROTECT FROM WHAT?
1. The problem of sin( Rom. 3:23 ).
2. What is sin?( 1 John 3:4; James 4:17 ).
3. What does sin do in our lives? What are its consequences?
a. Death( Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:1; see verse 11-12 ).
b. Separation from the Creator( Isa. 59:1-2 ).
c. The wrath of judgment( 2 Thess. 1:7-9 ).
d. Eternity in Hell( Mark 9:47-49 ).
C. SOME DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NEED OF BEING SAVED.
1. Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8, 10.
2. The Jews had a bad attitude toward their sin( John 8:31-39 ).
3. The mission of the Holy Spirit( John 16:7-8 ).
4. The Spirit tells not only of sin, but what to do about it.
A. THE BIBLE IS GOD'S STANDARD( John 12:48; 8:32 )
B. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
C. PEOPLE HAVE GIVEN VARIOUS ANSWERS.
D. FOR EXAMPLE:
1. The preacher told me. But Acts 17:11 and 2 Tim. 3:13...Matt 15:13-14.
2. I did what my parents did( Matt. 10:34-37; see Paul, Phil. 3:1-17 ).
3. I prayed the sinners prayer( ? ).
4. I had an experience( 1 John 4:1 ).
5. I just know it in my heart( Prov 28:26 ). Are you sure it's salvation?
E. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?( Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; Rom. 10:9-10 ).
F. HAVE YOU DONE THESE THINGS?( Matthew 7:21; Acts 22:16 ).
A. ( 1 Tim. 2:3-4 )GOD WANTS YOU TO BE SAVED( John 3:16 ).
B. WON'T YOU BE SAVED RIGHT NOW?