A. DAVID AND BATHSHEBA( 2 Sam. 11-12:1-14; Acts 13:22 )
B. PETER( Mat. 26:30-35; 26:69-75 ).
1. His preaching on Pentecost and to the Jews.
2. His subsequent martyrdom.
C. THE BROKEN AND CONTRITE HEART( Psa. 51:16-17 ).
D. James 4:8-9.
A. THE REMORSE OF JUDAS( Mat. 26:47-50; 27:3-5 ).
1. Difference not in emotion itself, its depth or intensity.
In this case it was not even what he was sorry for.
2. Both Peter and Judas repented.
a. Mat. 27:3. metamelomai, regret.
b. 2 Cor. 7:10. metanoia, change of heart + action.
"WHICH BRINGETH NO REGRET"
3. Both repented as a result of their sorrow. But the result wasn't the same.
That's where the difference is, in what your sorrow causes you to do.
B. FEELING BAD FOR ONE'S SIN IS NOT ENOUGH AND WILL NOT
SAVE US. GODLY SORROW IS SORROW THAT TURNS US BACK
A. SIMON THE SORCERER( Acts 8:9-25 ).
B. 1 John 1:6-10.
A. PENTECOST( Acts 2:36-42 ).
B. WHAT SHALL WE DO? WE MUST ALSO ASK THE QUESTION, BECAUSE:
1. We all stand convicted of sin( 1 John 1:8-10; Rom. 3:23 ).
2. We must believe on Jesus( Heb. 11:6 ).
3. We must repent of our sins.
a. Godly sorrow moves us( 2 Cor. 7:10 ).
b. All are commanded to repent( Acts 17:30 ).
4. We must confess the name of Jesus( Rom. 10:10 ).
5. We must be baptized( Acts 2:38 ).
6. We cannot put it off( James 4:13-14 ).
REPENTANCE MORE SIN