A. THE WHOLE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL SUMMED UP IN THESE WORDS.
1. Crucifixion is the crowning even in the life of Jesus.
2. By it souls are saved and angels rejoice.
C. BEFORE WE CAN BE SAVED, WE MUST KNOW JESUS AS HE DIED ON
A. JESUS IS THE HUB IN THE WHEEL OF GOD'S TRUTH.
1. All the OT points to him( Gen. 3:15; 12:1-3; 1 Pet. 1:10-12; Rom. 3:21 ).
2. Without Jesus, God's revelation in the OT and NT is meaningless.
B. WITHOUT THE CROSS, THE MISSION OF JESUS IS INCOMPLETE.
1. The death of Jesus was part of God's eternal plan
( Eph. 3:11; Acts 2:22-24; 1 Pet 1:18-20 ).
2. Jesus claimed his work was done when he died( John 17:4; 19:28-30 ).
C. IT IS THE CORE OF GOD'S POWER( Rom. 1:16-17; 3:23f. ).
D. THE CROSS SHOULD BE THE CENTER OF OUR LIVES
( Matt. 16:24; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; Rom. 12:1; Gal. 2:20 ).
A. THE MESSAGE OF GOD'S LOVE FOR US.
1. In Jesus we see God( John 1:18; John 14:6-10 ).
2. In Jesus we see God's love( John 3:16; Rom. 5:8; 1 John 4:9-10 ).
How much does God love us?
( John 15:13; Eph. 3:17-19 ).
3. And have a mediator and reconciler with God( 2 Cor. 5:17-19; 1 Tim. 2:5 ).
B. THE MESSAGE OF SALVATION.
1. Where are we headed? What happens when we die?( Rom. 3:23; 6:23 ).
2. Salvation is only through Jesus( Acts 4:12; Col. 1:13-14 ).
3. It is in the "word of the cross" we are saved
( 1 Cor. 1:18; 15:1-4; 1 Pet. 2:24; 3:18 ).
A. THE CROSS IS CENTRAL IN GOD'S REVELATION OF HIS WILL.
B. THE CROSS IS CENTRAL IN HIS PLAN OF SALVATION.]
C. IT IS TO BE CENTRAL IN OUR LIVES AS WELL.