A. “THE TIME IS RIGHT.” A REFERENCE TO OPPORTUNITY.
B. WHAT ARE WE TALKING ABOUT?
1. “A combination of circumstances favorable for the purpose; fit time.” – Webster
2. op·por·tu’·ni·ty 1. an appropriate or favorable time or occasion: 2. a situation or
condition favorable for attainment of a goal. 3. a good position, chance, or prospect,
as for advancement or success.” – Dictionary.com
C. AN OPPORTUNITY LOST MAY NEVER RETURN.
1. Every old timer in Arizona has a tale of woe.
2. We all know people who had an opportunity to obey the gospel, but never did.
D. LET’S LOOK AT THE IDEA OF OPPORTUNITY AND SEE ITS IMPORTANCE.
A. ADAM AND EVE COULD HAVE LIVE FOREVER (Gen. 3:1-6, 22-24)
B. THE PEOPLE OF NOAH’S DAY (Gen. 6:1-8; 2 Pet. 2:5).
1. Lot’s of opportunity to save themselves (Gen. 6:3; 1 Pet. 3:20).
2, He is long suffering now (2 Pet. 3:9, 15).
3. Indifference repeats itself (Matt. 24:37-39). They knew, but ignored the warnings.
4. Until the door of the ark closed. GET ON THE BOAT!!!
C. LOT HAD A CHOICE … AN OPPORTUNITY! (Gen. 13:12).
1. Lot righteous, but did not stand (2 Pet. 2:6-8)
2. How did his family turn out?
3. Nearly missed his opportunity to be saved (Gen. 19:15-16).
A. THE INN-KEEPER IN BETHLEHEM (Luke 2:7).
Compare our opportunity (Rev. 3:20).
B. MANY REFUSE THE OPPORTUNITY TO FOLLOW JESUS.
1. Jesus has the flashlight (John 8:12)
2. He is the Bread of Eternal Life (John 6:35).
3. Still, many turned back (John 6:66; 5:39-40).
C. WE ARE TO LOOK FOR AND MAKE OUR OPPORTUNITIES
(Eph. 5:15-16; Col. 4:2-6). PRAY FOR OPPORTUNITY!!!
D. PREPARE OURSELVES (2 Tim. 2:15; 1 Pet. 3:15).
E. 1 Cor. 16:8-9. DANGER AND OPPOSITION.
1. Chosen by God (Phil. 2:12-13).
2. Faith empowers (Phil. 4:13).
A. THE OPPORTUNITY TO FEED AND CLOTHE JESUS (Matt. 25:31-46).
B. TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN (Eph. 6:4). Lot lost his,
C. TO PRAY (1 Thess. 5:17; Phil. 4:6).
D. TO HELP SAVE A SOUL (James 5:19-20).
E. TO TEACH THE LOST (Heb. 5:12; 1 Pet. 3:15).
A. TODAY YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE PEACE WITH GOD.
DON’T WASTE IT! (2 Cor. 6:1-2).
B. DON’T BE LIKE THOSE NOAH PREACHED TO.
GET ON THE BOAT! 1 Pet. 3:20-21