A. MANY LIVES MADE UGLY BY WORRY - ATTITUDE IS IMPORTANT.
B. MANY WORRY OUT OF HABIT - THEY ENJOY IT.
C. GOD DOESN'T WANT US TO WORRY( Phil. 4:6; 1 Pet. 5:7 ).
A. WE MUST ACCEPT WHO WE ARE.
1. Matt. 6:27. Worry will not change us for the better.
2. I want to be a ballplayer, but I don't have to worry about it anymore.
3. To be happy, we must be realistic about abilities and shortcomings
( Rom. 12: 3-8 ). Some have different talents than others.
4. Set realistic goals and strive for them.
5. "Reach for a star, but keep your feet on the ground."
B. FAITH IN SELF HELPS PREVEN WORRY.
1. "I can" should be linked to the Lord( Phil. 4:13 ).
2. "The Little Engine that Could."
3. Strength and new talents are developed - with exercise & effort(1 Tim.4:7-8).
4. What does God expect? Our best effort( 2 Cor. 8:12 ).
A. PLANNING AND PREPARING AHEAD OF TIME( Luke 14:28-30 ).
1. Taking tests - Finishing papers - Preparing sermons.
2. General Foch: "Battles are won the day before."
3. Plan the work and work the plan.
B. Matt. 6:34. LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME.
1. Jesus not rebuking preparing ahead.
2. No use worrying about something you can't do anything about.
3. The way to take care of tomorrow's problems is do what you need to today.
C. CULTIVATE YOURSELF TO SEE GOOD INSTEAD OF EVIL.
1. Phil. 4:6-8. Fill your mind with the good so their is no room for the bad.
2. Ecc. 11:1-6. Venture out!
A. MUCH FAITH REPELS WORRY - LITTLE FAITH INVITES IT.
1. Notice the instant difference in Peter( Matt. 14:28-31 ).
2. God has promised( Matt. 6:25-31 ).
3. Trust in God brings blessing( Jer. 17:7-8 ).
4. Even in trial where we can't understand( Job 1:20-22; Prov. 3:5 ).
5. David's trust expressed( Psa. 23 ).
B. CAST YOUR BURDEN ON HIM. SOME PROBLEMS HAVE NO
SOLUTIONS. WE NEED HELP:
1. Found in God's word( Psa. 119:92-93 ).
2. Found in brethren( Gal. 6:1-2 ).
3. Found in prayer( Phil. 4:6-7; James 4:2 ).
4. Cast your burden upon the Lord( Psa. 55:22; 1 Pet. 5:7 ).
C. WE MUST COUNT OUR BLESSINGS.
1. Usually one small problem negates all our happiness( Psa.68:19; Jas. 1:17 ).
2. Remember those who are worse off and
3. Count Your Blessings!( Col. 3:15 ).
A. FOR THE CHRISTIAN, THERE IS ALWAYS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE
TUNNEL( 2 Cor. 5:1 ).
B. GOD CARES FOR HIS CHILDREN( 1 Pet. 3:12 ).
C. HOW DOES ONE BECOME HIS CHILD?( Gal. 3:26-27 ).