A. CREATURES HERE, NOT OF THIS WORLD - ALIENS, STRANGERS.
B. MAY BE SOME HERE AMONG US.
C. I AM ONE OF THEM! AM I CRAZY?
1. Disciples are not of this world( John 15:19 )
2. Chosen and here for a mission( John 17:14-18 ).
3. So it is for the rest of us( Phil. 3:20-21 ).
A. GOD'S AGENTS OF LIGHT( Phil. 2:12-16 ).
1. 1 Peter 2:9. A reflected light.
2. Must not be eclipsed by the world( 1 John 2:15-17 ).
B. A DEFINITE CONTRAST( Matt. 5:13-16 ).
1. The distinctiveness of salt.
2. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.
3. Neither do men set it under a bushel.
C. COMMON THEME - GLORIFY GOD, SHOW FORTH HIS EXCELLENCIES.
A. ABSTAIN FROM FLESHLY LUSTS WHICH WAR AGAINST THE SOUL.
1. Dariush and his father's warning.
2. We want to go home some day. We want to fit in when we get there. We
cannot begin to live like this is our home.
3. Romans 12:2. Living like the world, loosing our salt, will make us unsuited
for our heavenly home( Mat. 5:13 ).
4. Can you imagine getting to heaven and feeling like an outsider?
B. DEVASTATING CONSEQUENCES.
1. There are consequences we must pay( Matt. 6:24; Jas. 4:4 ).
2. What about our effect on babes( Matt. 18:6-8 ).
3. What about the enemies( Titus 2:7-8; 1 Pet. 2:12 ).
4. The only thing some know about Jesus is what they see in us.
5. How does our behavior reflect on our Father?
A. ARE YOU OF THIS WORLD, OR OF THE WORLD TO COME?
B. HAVE YOU PICKED UP ANY BAD HABITS?
C. HAVE YOU BEEN CAREFUL OF THE IMPRESSION YOU MAKE?